Monday, February 15, 2016

Way to start the New Year off WRONG!

Depression Quotes, Sayings about being depressed - CoolNSmart:





Sorry, about that....had to press pause for a sec.   Now back to my story.
So.....I was rushed to the hospital in the ambulance, and immediately got all these IVs stuck in me, all these tests ran, it was crazy.   I had a catheter put in and everything (this was a first for me 'cuz I didn't even get one when I gave birth to my son).  The police came to talk to me, and everything.  They told me my sisters wanted me to have a rape kit done, and they were so concerned that I had had someone over that may have hurt me.  There were no signs of forced entry to my house, and my son was completely OK, so everyone thought that the only obvious thing was that I had company, and they attacked me for some reason.  I even overheard nurses saying that I was beat by my boyfriend, and I should tell the truth because it's only gonna get worse for me.  I don't even have a boyfriend, but that's neither here nor there.  It goes to show how people form their own opinions.  It's understandable that my family was concerned about those things considering how I looked, and how my house was destroyed. What really happened is just as scary though.

I actually had another seizure.  The thing was, I was so tired from having missed so much sleep, and not eating right, stressing about my son and his cold, that it really did take a toll on my body.  This time though, it was horrible.  I had somehow demolished my apartment while I was out of it.  I had deep cuts all over my legs, a black eye on my left side, and so much bruising all over my body.  At first, I thought that was my worst of it all, but I was wrong.  When I finally woke up in the hospital, and could actually comprehend what was going on, a nurse told me that it was Tuesday, and I had been in the hospital since Sunday.  I just burst into tears because I had no idea where my son was, and I couldn't remember what happened, or why I was there.  I just looked down, and saw all these tubes coming out of me from  everywhere, and I was scared to death.
This is my PIC line, just one of the tubes I saw when I woke up

Once I was able to speak to a doctor, I was told that I was brought in that Sunday evening, but nobody really knew what happened to me.   They had done CAT scans and ultrasounds, but they came up with nothing, no cause for what happened to me.  What they could tell me was that I had gotten a concussion when I hit my eye, and I also had developed an extremely severe case of rhabdomyolysis from all the trauma to my body.  This was the real scary part, because they didn't think I was going to make it when they found out how bad it was.  Somehow though, through the grace of God...I am still here.  My goodness, I get chills even thinking about all the things that were going through my mind when they told me how sick I was....I can't y'all.  I'm sorry.  I gotta take another break to get it together.  Imma have to continue this in a little while.  It's harder than I thought to get it all out, but I gotta let it out.  Stick with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment