Saturday, July 16, 2016

Progress

Happy Saturday Everybody!! Hopefully everyone is enjoying their weekend.  The weather is beautiful outside, so that is always a plus.  I am so glad that it is not as hot as it has been, but it is nice out.  LJ loves the nice weather.  I think the sun makes him a nicer person, lol.  The girls at his daycare said that since summer, he's been so much happier.  I'll take it!  I love the way he has been acting lately.  It's like, since he graduated from Pre- K, he has transformed,  it is the funniest thing.  I can't believe how much he has changed so fast though.  From the pacifier, to even how he eats.  He is completely done with the "Poppy", and as far as eating, my baby has done so good.  He use to not want to take anything in his mouth.  It's crazy though, because, he use to drink a bottle when he was a baby, and he use to lick stuff just like any other baby; Popsicles, etc.  Then, when Josh past, he stopped taking everything.  The doctors don't want to believe that he shut down after his Dad past, but there is not other explanation I can find.   Anyways, he's been getting speech therapy, and I've been working on him drinking again.  So between the two of us, LJ started on stage 1 baby food a few months ago, but now, he is on stage 3, and he is eating 2 to 3 times a day, and still getting his 3 tube feeds in with his g- tube everyday.  I am so proud of my Big Boy.  He eats the Go-Gurt yogurt for kids, and is drinking juice from my cup too.  I love that he asks to eat too.  It's so exciting.  Now we working on the physical stuff.  He is getting a stander to work on strengthening his leg muscles, and he's been practicing with a walker.  At home, we practice climbing on the couch from the floor.  He is getting stronger everyday,  It is definitely not easy, but my baby is a fighter, always has been, and all he needs is good motivation.  I just have to keep him motivated.  I am going to keep you guys updated with all his improvements, from eating, to all his steps.  Stay tuned, and be safe!

Your wings were ready, but my heart was not. :

poems about sons growing up - Google Search:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment