Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Unanswered Questions

Being in this hospital is really stressing me out on a whole 'nother level.  Now it's not like this is the first time LJ has ever been in the hospital, so that's not even it.  This time, I feel like he's in here, and for all of this time, nobody knows much of anything, at least that's what they are telling me.  It's like, his diarrhea is still up in the air after numerous tests, and more tests are literally being ran as we speak.  Then there is the issue of why he was admitted in the first place.  The urinary tract infection that J has, is actually Pylonephrytis, which is a kidney infection.  This was just told to me today..8 days after he was admitted.  I am furious at the fact that I wasn't told about this before.  it basically is a bad UTI, and the symptoms of it are fever/chills, pain with urination, possible blood in the urine, all things that LJ was having, but the point is that nobody told me this.   All the attending doctor did was apologize for that, but it was a dry apology.  If you ask me, she didn't even mean it.  Another thing is that they couldn't even offer an explanation for why my baby's levels have skyrocketed the way they did, but today, they seemed to have dropped down a lot, which is good.  Another thing is...on top of everything else, Boston didn't even know that he was in the hospital, and when I found that out, from putting 2 and 2 together last night, it drove me up a wall.  So, I email our transplant coordinator there, and she said that they only found out because they called last night looking for LJ's labs.  I had been told days ago that the doctors here would follow up with Boston.  Last night though, they came in and told me they were starting him on a low dose of Prednisone for his infection that is to accompany the antibiotic per Boston's protocol, I knew they had lied to me, so I had to talk to Courtney (the transplant coordinator).  Since talking to her, I've calmed down, and she had answers for all of my questions, being that I got 0 from here.  Her thoughts were that his levels may have jumped up as a result of the diarrhea worsening due to the broad spectrum antibiotics he was placed on from coming in just recently.  She also said that the Prednisone helps with inflammation of the kidney and can help with the creatnine, and so can the stabilization of his levels, the tacro (Prograf) in particular.   Now, the diarrhea is something that is STILL being worked on, but if my baby can get back to where his kidneys are in good shape, I will feel a lot better.  I am still very disappointed and disgusted with this hospital and it's staff, but LJ is who's most important, forever and always.  So, fingers crossed until tomorrow I guess.



You don't have to be someone else--you're the one made to mother your kids. Great resources from the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle!

No comments:

Post a Comment