Sunday, January 3, 2016

Mommy on a Mission

Hey Everybody! I hope that 2016 is treating you all good so far.  We have been pretty good over here, not too much to complain about yet :)   I have been doing some heavy thinking myself, and I have decided that I had enough of some things, and it is definitely time for a change.  

Now, my little man is almost 5 years old, and he is still not walking.  He is doing amazing in his progress, don't get me wrong, but we not quite there yet.  With all that being said, on New Years Eve in my city, they have a family day.  There is this big thing where the kids can come and play for hours.  they get to meet cartoon characters, they have snacks, and everything.  I don't take my baby there because it is nothing for him to really do.  There are bouncy houses and stuff like that, and since hes not walking, and I'm too big to be in somebody's bounce house, it's no point.   Plus, when LJ get frustrated because he can't play with the other children, it hurts my heart so bad.   My baby may not be able to get around like he wants to physically, but he is every bit a 4 year old otherwise.  It really, truly bothers me that he can't play with the other children when we go somewhere because he isn't walking yet.  When we are home, I walk behind him, and hold him under his arms; he loves it.  Hopefully, soon we will have the Upsee that is going to be released in April.   I need more than that though.  Soon it will be Spring, and I want my son to be able to play with his cousins outside, and have do things that other children his age are doing.  So, i was reading an article, about a family who had similar issues, and they took action.  You can check the article out here.  I have decided, that I am gong to make it my business to find a way for my son to be able to enjoy himself with his peers.  I feel that his is missing out so much on that socialization because he can't play shoulder to shoulder with them.  It is even strenuous on me physically to try to get down, and run him around at the play ground, or someplace like Chuckie Cheese.  Don't gt me wrong I will, and have done it in a heartbeat, but he would like to do things himself, and to be honest, these things were not mad for adults, you know.  My son, like many other children with different ranges of disabilities, needs a place, well places to play...his way.  There need to be places with more adaptable equipment, and more accessible to all children.  I have had enough of my son being limited in things that he can do.  He is so intelligent, and eager for friends, and to do different things, but he has very little outside of his Pre- school, which is for medically fragile children, and his cousins.  This has definitely got to change.  

In other word- go with the flow.  Resisting life only makes it harder!:

No comments:

Post a Comment