Sunday, April 3, 2016

Getting Ready for the Week

     It's Sunday again.  How fast does the weekend seem to fly by, and it's time to get back to business.  Back to reality.    Last week as a doosey, and I'm sure this week will be nothing less.   I thought we c were getting closer to figuring out the cause for LJ's diarrhea, but that turned out to be a dead end.   It's crazy that I have been losing it trying to get to the bottom of this, and now this whole thing with my baby's blood pressure just popped up outta no where.  Oh, and with that one, it actually turned out that it wasn't because of  is Prograf, his level was actually fine.  Since that wasn't it, the doctor wanted to have an ultrasound done.  We had to come in to the hospital basically everyday last week, so much for not being admitted right?!  Actually though, I would rather that than having my baby have to lay up in a hospital bed any day.  Thank God for all the little blessings, no matter how tiny they may seem sometimes.  Just being able to sleep in my own bed, or cuddle next to him, and not have nurses coming in to check vitals in the middle of the night is a blessing.  Some people don't understand if they never been through it.  I have lived that life for much longer than I would have ever liked to, so any time it can be avoided, I will definitely opt for yes!   We got to be home for my nephew's birthday, and Easter.
That smile......It's EVERYTHING!!!!


Now we just have to wait to find out the results from the ultrasound, so we can see why my baby is having high blood pressure again.   He hasn't had to deal with this since before transplant.   Anybody that know s me, know that I am trppin' over this one.  Of course, I am always thankful for the fact that my angel is being his usual tough self.  To look at him, you would hardly ever know the struggles that he deals with.  It breaks my heart.  I swear, I wish I could just take all his pain for myself.  He is such a fighter.  They prescribed him a low dose of medication for his blood pressure for now, and we will find out more this week.  For the diarrhea they actually prescribed something too.  It's a medication to treat an overgrowth of bacteria, like when probiotics aren't enough basically.  Since none of the tests show anything, it's kind of all they could come up with.  I'm supposed to give it to LJ for 14 days.  The worst thing about it is that it messes with his immunosuppressant levels, so I have to take him to get the levels checked every 3 days.  I hate that.  Getting my baby's blood drawn that often like he;s a dang pin cushion.  I hope this medicine helps.   My patience is wearing extremely thin.  I'm just so glad that he is not too bothered by all of this...yet.   Boy, oh Boy, I'm keepin' my fingers crossed, and my toes too, lol.  
As you breathe right now, another person takes their last, so stop complaining and learn to live your life with what you have.:


A new gratitude quote on Thankful Thursday:

No comments:

Post a Comment