Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Admitted

Here we are....in the hospital, just as I predicted.  I could tell by the way things were looking over the weekend that when I brought LJ into clinic yesterday, he would need to stay.  My baby just was not himself, and with the drop in wet diapers, that was a red flag right there.  Of course, just like they always do, they tried to send us home from clinic, saying that he dint even have a fever.  LJ was literally shaking because he had the chills, and I kept telling them, either his fever is just about to spike, or your thermometer is broken.  No longer than it took us to get from clinic to emergency, his temp went from normal to 104.  This was about 8 minutes at the most, and I think that's being generous.  Now, if I would've went home, I would've had to come right back.  I can't stand this hospital.  His fever has gotten as high as 106 since we been here and they still don't know what the exact cause is.  They have taken urine samples (it was terrible having to put my baby through getting a straight cath), stool samples, blood cultures, and no information yet.  All we know for sure is that he was dehydrated, which he is getting IV fluids for, so his kidneys took a hit, luckily not too severe, but pretty bad.  One doctor had the nerve to say, "Well, he is sick."  Well DUH!!! That's why we're here genius.  I swear, these people kill me.  So now LJ is NPO (nothing by mouth) and getting only IV fluids.   He is getting a few broad spectrum antibiotics since they don't know exactly what is going on yet, and we are waiting to see if anything shows up in these cultures.  Meanwhile, I just want my baby back......and we still are dealing with the Cdiff in the background of all this.  I find myself feeling like i just want to break down, but it's not me who has to go through it, I just deal with it.  My little boy is the one who is actually living it, I 'm just bearing witness, and that' what is so painful, that's all I can do.  I'm just here, but I am his biggest advocate, and I have to fight for him, this I do know, and that is all that keeps me going.

"Don't you know what he's done?"  "What, like murdering without thinking twice about it? Oh, I know exactly what kind of a man he's been, but I also know what kind of man he is now. Oh, I have no doubt he'd kill again without caring, but, not for fun. Not without a reason. He's not that person anymore." "So you really expect us to trust him? Just let him go?" "No, I'm asking you to trust me.":

I love you Audrey no matter how much you have hurt me I will always be waiting for you to call me

No comments:

Post a Comment