Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I Feel for Him



My poor baby, well, not so much of a baby anymore, but he'll always be my baby.  He is still dealing with a cold that both of us have been passing back and forth since before Christmas, and this stomach bug that he;s had for basically a whole entire year now.  I feel so bad for him.  All I can do is my best to take care of him as his mother, but as his mother, I just want to take it all away.   If I could go through it all for him I would.  The cold though, I basically am, lol, since we are pretty much sharing it.  I'm actually drinking tea with apple cider vinegar and honey right now.  Seriously though, I hate to see him suffering.  It's like, aside from everything else that he has to deal with in his tiny little body, all his other struggles, I just wonder, why can't he ever catch a break.  It brings tears to my eyes when I watch him playing because he is such a happy little boy despite everything that he goes through.  I wish that he could just have somewhat of a normal kind of childhood.  I wish he could run around and play with his friends at school.  I wish he could play on the jungle gym.  At this point, I just wish he could go to school regularly.  I would give anything if I could play around the house with my son, and he could get up and walk to do whatever he wanted without having to ask me to carry him back and forth.  There are just so many little things that add up to so much, so many little things that you, or I take for granted, that my 5 year old son only dreams about.  Things that he sees children smaller than him doing, and I see the sadness in his face that he is stuck in a wheelchair, or a stroller, and they have that freedom.  Then being sick all the time on top of that.  It breaks my heart.  I have to get him back to school for therapy, I have to help him work on the things that we can change.  I want so much more for him, he wants so much more.  My heart aches.

Being young and sick is sorta like being elderly, except we lack the reflection on all the great times and great things we did long ago. Instead, we watch our peers make the memories and strides they'll look back on fondly, bitterly observing and praying for our chance. Our time.:

quotes with pictures about children with disabilites - Yahoo Search Results:

No comments:

Post a Comment