Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year....Same Challenges!

After we slid off the runway
It has been such a long time since my last post.  Thank you to everybody that continues to follow our journey, I hope we haven't lost you :) .  Things have been so hectic over the last couple of months.  LJ has been still dealing with his ongoing tummy trouble, which have plagued us for about an entire year now.  We have discussed so many option with his doctors, but haven't reached a final decision as to how to finally tackle this once and for all yet.  My poor baby has been in and out of school, missing therapies and all.  He of course, continues to be a trooper, but it is nerve racking to say the very least.  After the scope, and all the samples they have taking, I was expecting to have gotten to the bottom of this, yet here we are, still in the same place.   At this point, LJ hasn't gone back to school since before Christmas break.   We were in the hospital for a week before Christmas, both of us, with strep throat.  We had gotten sick from being in the blistering cold trying to fly to Boston Children's for an appointment.  Unfortunately, our plan slid off the runway during take off with us in it, which was terrifying.  During that ordeal when we had to be transferred from the plane to the fire truck, we were out in the freezing cold.  That's how we ended up sick.  Never a dull moment I swear it.

My biggest concern right now is that LJ get to a place where he is well enough to return to school because he actually likes it and he misses his friends.  He needs to get his therapies as well, physical therapy being the most important to me because I am so worried about him working on his legs and staying mobile,  I guess all I can do as of now is try my best to see what can be offered to him at home, which I have already contacted the director at the school.  As always, I will say a prayer, and take a deep breath cuz we gotta keep on pushing.  Happy New Year Everybody!!


My baby on Christmas

Whatever happened over this past year, be thankful for where it brought you. Where you are is where you're meant to be.:




No comments:

Post a Comment