Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Just a Tip for my Moms

Since it is the Holiday season, I have been so obsessed with Christmas smells, and just good smelling things in general.  I love the gingerbread, and sugar cookie smells.  I have all kinds of candles, and wax melts to make it smell so delicious in here.

Lately though, I keep getting asked what do I do to keep it smelling so fresh in my house aside from all the holiday stuff.  Now, as a mother, I can be the first to tell you, there are so many ways to get a little stinky smell lingering in the house without you even realizing it.  From diapers, to puke, and so many other things, it can get crazy.

I used to buy a lot of Febreze all the time to keep it fresh around here.....NEVER AGAIN!




I found a little tip online that inspired me to tweek it a little for my situation.  I have a recipe to make your own Fabric/Air freshening spray.  The best part about it, saving money.  You wont have to buy that expensive Febreze anymore, and this spray with last ALOT longer.

OK, all you will need is:

  • An empty spray bottle ( I use my 800 ml Febreze bottle :)) 
    • Container of Downy Unstopables ( I bought the 13.2 oz bottle fresh scent )
    • Hot water

    FYI:  A bottle of the Downy Unstopables can make several big bottles of freshener, at least 5 depending on your preference.

    Now, I took 2 cap fulls of the Downy Unstopables, and funneled it into the Febreze bottles.  Then I filled the bottles basically to the top with hot water.
    You want to let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes to allow the little pellets to melt.
    After 15 minutes, SHAKE WELL, and ENJOY!!!!!

    You want to be sure not to spray like crazy because the smell is strong, and a little goes a long way.  This is truly one of the best things I have ever came across.  I LOVE THIS!!!
    Feel free to make any adjustments for your self, but I thought this would be an awesome tip to share with you all, because if you are anything like me, you love a fresh smelling home, all year long.

    PS:  You can thank me later, lol.  :) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment