Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wow



Today I saw something that blew my mind.  I have been trying so hard for the past year and some change, to find a way for my son to gt around, and be able to do the things that he cannot do because he can't walk.  LJ has had physical therapy from the time he was just a baby, but when we went to Boston, MA for his transplant for 3 months, everything stopped, and it was almost a year before he got therapy again.  Not to mention the fact that even though he was getting physical therapy when he was a baby, his therapists never did any actual work with him because they were afraid of his dialysis catheter that use to hang from his side.  It was understandable because I was extremely cautious of it as well.  This cautiousness though, came at my baby's expense, and he has yet to learn to walk.  H spent so much time in hospital beds, and just beds in general because he was getting such long dialysis treatments as a baby.   Thank God that we are past that very traumatizing time in our lives.  Now, we can focus on making my baby happy, and focusing on him being able to do things that he wants to do, but may lack the ability to at this point.

In saying all that, I have to tell you guys what I saw on ABCNews.  It brought actual tears to my eyes.  It is a device that a mom designed to help her son who is unable to walk, get around.  It's called an Upsee, and I swear, it is amazing.  I am already a strong supporter, and I haven't even tried it yet.  I just know it will be perfect.  The design is doing the same thing that I do everyday.  I walk with my son in front of me.  He's always like "Mommy, I wanna walk" , and that is how we do it.  i hold him under his arms, and he walks in front of me.  I always worry that I am putting a strain on his arms though, like pulling them too hard.  This would be the perfect solution, just strap the harness to my waist, it goes over his head like a vest (this is what I'm assuming from the pics), and he has the straps for his feet to be strapped on top of mine.  Then when I walk, he walks, and both of our hands would be free.  That is perfect!!!   If there is anyone out there like me, who has been struggling with this issue, I think this might be our answer.  Here is the link to the article from ABCNews.  It is set o become available for sale in April for $540.  I know that's a lot of money, but honestly I would pay it in a heartbeat, and i am saving for it now.

I hope this made someone's day, because it really mad mine :) 


Keep the faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you're about to give up hope.:

No comments:

Post a Comment