Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Special Thank You

Traveling back and forth to Boston for LJ's appointments is not only stressful, but can be extremely expensive.  Sometimes, like this last time, we are lucky enough to to have the opportunity to be catch a flight.  For that I have to extend my deepest thanks to the folks at Angel Flight.  They are so amazing!  They have been such a huge help to us on a few occasions, and it has been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders each time.  The pilots volunteer their planes to fly patients and families with special medical needs to and from non emergency medical appointments free of charge.  They are a God send.  I heard about this program from my social worker at the hospital here in Rochester, NY.  You can go to their website to find out more information, but you call to request a flight, and if there are pilots available, they will sign up to take you and pick you up.  It's pretty much that simple.  They have some of the nicest people there, and I absolutely love them.  The only thing is that someone has to sign up to fly you, and usually it depends on the weather, but other than that, if they can find you a pilot, it is such a stress reliever.  I mean honestly, there is enough to worry about.  Take it from me, they picked a perfect name.  I just wanted to let you guys know that.  Please check them out if you have never heard of them before.  They may be a resource that could be helpful to you or your loved ones.  I am so thankful for them.

Us on our way to Boston, it was windy! Such A Great Pilot
LJ relaxing on the plane

Just landed with another Awesome Pilot!


No comments:

Post a Comment