Friday, October 2, 2015

TGIF

Boy, oh boy!  It has been a busy week for us.  I am so glad it is Friday, and I don't have any appointments, or anybody coming to my house.
LJ  had a speech evaluation on Wednesday, and 2 doctors appointments on Thursday.  The speech evaluation was so annoying.  I hate these things because I feel like they don't do children any justice.  For the speech, for example; The lady was saying things to my baby, and showing him pictures that had me confused.  I'm like... they really expect a 4 year old to understand this!  Like, she would show him 4 pictures that were all basically the same..and ask him to tell you which picture shows one with most minuscule difference.  It drives me crazy.  The whole reason he is supposed to be getting speech therapy, is to help with his feeding issues.  There is nothing wrong with his speech, or understanding.
     The doctors appointments went OK.  LJ had to see his nephrologist, for his monthly visit; and his pediatrician to have a physical and get cleared for his spinal MRI later this month.    The nephrology appointment was fine.  Lj has to go back though in 2 weeks and have more bloodwork because his LFT's were elevated, which means, he my need to have a change in one of his immunosuppressants.  I hope that his labs are ok in a couple weeks.  I get nervous every time there has to be changes in medications.  He just recently was changed from his previous medication, to Cellcept for this same reason.  There was so much testing, and bloodwork....not to mention doctors appointments that I had to take my baby to during this time.  It was just a couple months ago actually, and I am not ready to go through all that again, but whatever it takes!
My baby being goofy at waiting for them to call him to draw his blood.

He said "Mommy I look sleepy?"  then made this face, lol
At least the pediatrician appointment was good.  LJ is all set for his spinal MRI.  He is cleared for anesthesia.  That was the easy part!  Now he is going to have an MRI on 10/20 to see if there is anything that could have caused the curve that is in his spine.   He developed a curve in his spine after transplant.  There was no issue with my baby's spine before then.  I believe that is was because he grew so much, and was not getting adequate nutrition, or physical activity during that time, so his spine did not grow strong, and straight.  The orthopedist believes that I am right.  He just wants to be sure there is nothing else that they are missing before we decide on a plan of action.  I am not eager to have anything but bracing considered at this time.  My baby has enough going on.  The doctor did say it is reassuring that his spine can be completely straightened during examination, so that is a good thing.  Well, I guess we just have to wait and see how it goes on the 20th.   Gotta pray on it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment