Sunday, November 8, 2015

Clairebear

I was just sitting here thinking.  What else is new.  I was reminiscing about some of the things my baby and I did this summer.  It seemed to just fly by, and i don't remember doing much.  Then I thought, I did do something awesome this summer.  On June 19, 2015, I was lucky enough to have the privilege to speak about the love of my life, Mr. Joshua.  I was invited to a dinner celebration thrown by the Clairebear Foundation, at which I was the guest speaker.
My baby and I before the dinner
LJ, myself, and my sister Mira ( LJ's biggest fan!)


On our way to go speak and eat, lol

LJ was so sleepy, but he was a good boy, love his life!

My beautiful Mom sneakin' pics 
LJ was ready to nap

My gorgeous Mommy and I

Us again

Oops, she tried to get out of that one :) 

During my speech.  I didn't even need my notes :) 

I ACTUALLY GOT A STANDING OVATION!!!! I could get used to this :)  

Now Clairebear is such an amazing foundation.  Taken straight from their Facebook page, a brief description, The mission of the Clairebear Foundation is to help families that have a critically ill child who needs medical care far from home. By easing their financial burden, the Clairebear Foundation allows these families to focus on their loved one. The Clairebear Foundation was founded in 2007 by Mike and Alisa Colyer in loving memory of their daughter, Claire.

The Clairebear Foundation has helped LJ and myself so much over the years.  They have assisted with things like traveling expenses for our many Boston trips, among other things,  You can find out more about the Clairebear Foundation and all the wonderful assistance and support that they offer for families of children who are medically fragile by clicking any of the links to take you to their website.   

It was such a pleasure to be able to tell my story, and meet the founders, as well as so many others that have contributed.   I wish that I could do this everyday.   I feel like public speaking is my calling.  Well, one never knows what the future may hold. 


Have a truly Blessed Sunday Everybody!!!!!
Mike, Alisa (Founders of Clairbear) and myself.  They are AMAZING people.  I love them!



My handsome man and I after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment