Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Great Day :)

Today was such a good day!!! I am so excited!!!  It was my baby's first day of Daycare.  Yes, I said it....Daycare.  I know to many people this is not a big deal at all, but for us, and what we have been through, it is a HUGE deal.  I am so proud of my little man, you have no idea.  

LJ has been at home with me his entire 4 years of life.  I kept him like the boy in the bubble kind of.  I have always been so scared, and so overly cautious about everything.  I just want to keep my baby safe, and I basically felt like the only way that I could guarantee that, was if he was always with me.  He has only ever had two sleep overs at my sister's house very recently.  We are inseparable, and have been that way since the day I brought him home.  I realize now, that maybe I could have been a little bit looser on the reigns.  He needs friends, and socialization.  So, now my baby is going to Preschool/Daycare.

It's a very good Daycare for medically fragile children.  So far, I have been pretty impressed with how they have dealt with him, and how attentive they were to him never being in a school environment before this.  LJ had a ball today too, which was a huge surprise.  I was expecting him to have such an extreme meltdown, but he didn't.... he was good.  I tried to stay at a distance to get him used to me not being right there.  I even left for a little while, and he didn't cry at all when I did.  Everybody was impressed by that.  He did have a little fit when it was time to do table reading with the group.  He cried for a while, but they were able to calm him down.  Everyone kept telling me what a great job he did, and how much he exceeded everyone's expectations for his first day.  LJ got so much praise for having good manners.  The caregivers told me they were not used to the other children using manners, but LJ was very polite.  They had me feeling like a proud Momma.  I love my baby..., or should I say my big boy now :)   He even made a friend on his first day.....and he already said he can't wait to go back.

Of course, you know I was in there taking a million pictures for your viewing pleasure :) 

                                               Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment