Friday, June 10, 2016

Can't Seem to Catch a Break

What a way to end the week!  Today I woke up at 6 o'clock to my baby burning up next to me.  I couldn't believe it was happening all over again.  I checked his temperature, and it was almost 100.  I know that the doctor had told me before that when you check a temp under the arm, it could actually be about 2 degrees higher than what the thermometer reads, so I gave him some Tylenol to see if I could bring it down, and I waited a little bit to call the doctor to get him in today.  When I called the Pediatrician's office, they told me that they don't worry about fevers unless it's been going on at lest 3 days.  I told them I needed someone to see him because he just got out of the hospital, and the doctors told me to bring him back in if he got another fever.  I's crazy to me that I had to even debate the fact that my child needed to be seen by a doctor, but anyway.  LJ spit up the Tylenol that I gave him, but he was able to keep down his milk.  I gave him another dose of Tylenol before I took him to the doctor because his appointment wasn't until 1 pm, and he actually had blood work before.  His blood work ended up being OK.  His potassium was fine today, so that was good, and they checked his urine, which was fine too they said.  It took a while to get a sample because LJ fell asleep, so we had to wait until he got up to pee, but it was OK.  The only thing left is a blood culture, which will take 48 hours to come back.  So, as we got ready to go home, with instructions to come back if he got any worse,  LJ threw up all over himself, and the floor.  Surprisingly, they still sent us home.  I even asked if he had to stay, but they just said to keep a close eye on his wet diapers, so here we go again.


~Tomorrow is busy worrying about itself; don't get tangled up in its worry-webs. Trust God one day at a time.~ Matthew 6:34 NLT "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.:

No comments:

Post a Comment