Monday, June 13, 2016

Long Night

Last night I didn't get one bit of sleep, but that's how it is sometimes.  My poor baby was coughing all night, his nose was running, and his was puking off and on until he fell asleep.  After that, I just watched him to make sure he was good.  I was worried about him because I didn't feel like he was getting enough fluids all day compared to what he was putting out, then at one point his diapers seemed to taper off.  I spoke to the resident on call about it, but he swore that they were watching everything, and LJ was not getting too far behind.  They had him on his milk though, and he was spitting up, so I told them that he needed to be switched to IV fluids because it was no way he was gonna get any sleep if he kept on with the milk, so finally at 4 am, they did.  He went to sleep not too long after that.  This morning they did hook him back up to his milk, but he hasn't thrown up anymore, so that's a good thing, but I did tell them to have it going at a slower rate.  So far it's been OK.  Now, he is back to having his tummy trouble, and they tested his poops again.  Surprise, surprise, he tested positive for C- diff again.  So he is back on vancomycin, and now we have to see how much that doesn't work for him again.  It's back to the drawing board with that whole thing.   My baby is really catchin' it right now in this department.  He managed to get a away with feeling better for a day and a half, that is insane.   The plan is to get him on probiotics as soon as he is done with his medicine this time so that this bacteria doesn't gt a chance to repopulate hopefully.  He just never had these issues before, now he can't seem to shake it; this and the cold.  So, we are just here toughing it out til things get better I guess.  LJ said he misses his friends at Daycare.  I felt so bad.  I told him that he will be able to see them soon, he is supposed to be graduating at the end of the month.  At the rate things are going, I just hope that he can make it there to see them before some of them leave for the summer.

To all the mamas who are having hard days... - Ripped Jeans & Bifocals:

You would think!


No comments:

Post a Comment