Saturday, June 4, 2016

Freedom!!!

We are finally home!  It feels so good to be back in my own bed, no more nurses coming in the room to do vitals every 4 hours, getting on my nerves, bothering my baby.  I understand, but then again, I don't.  Sometimes they be doing a little bit too much if you ask me.  I know that they have to check them and everything, but they do what's more convenient for them, because if they want to get them before 4 hours, they will, or if they want to wait, they will too.  Anyway, I had to complain to patient relations about all the crap that went on during our stay before I left.  I had to get it off my chest.  The attitudes that some of those nurses have really bothers me, like it's an inconvenience to them to have to take care of my child, and do what he needs done.  Um, excuse me, but I do this everyday, so you can do this while we are admitted to the hospital, I mean after all, it is your job...Seriously!  Thank goodness my baby did not have to stay there too long.  It seemed like forever, but we made it out in just under a week.  LJ's electrolytes got way better, so I will be taking him back for repeat labs on Monday just to make sure he's still doing good, then we have to follow up with his Nephrologist on the 14th.  Hopefully all is well.  He's definitely feeling like 1,000% better, which I love, so that is great to me.
                                                         


 

We did get some bad news while LJ was in the hospital this week though.  One of the Nephrologists from Boston Children's Hospital, Dr.Harmon,  passed away last weekend.  It broke my heart to hear the news. He was such a nice doctor.  We just saw him we were in Boston in April and he was crackin' jokes on LJ's hat because it was a NY Yankees hat, and he said that it was dangerous to wear that in Boston.  I really liked him, he was so laid back and just a cool doctor.  It's so rare that you meet doctors like that.  I think almost all the doctors I have met in Boston are awesome actually :).   I am going to miss him though.  Dr. Harmon was the one who called me in the middle of the night to tell me to come to Boston for LJ's transplant, and he said this was the one we've been waiting for because it was the third time.  He was so great.  RIP Dr.Harmon.




As you breathe right now, another person takes their last, so stop complaining and learn to live your life with what you have.:


No comments:

Post a Comment