Monday, June 6, 2016

Not Again

Well, I hope that everyone had a nice weekend.  LJ and I were happy to be home, and looking forward to him getting back to school this week, but I'm not too sure when that is gonna happy now.  Today I had to take him to the hospital to get his lab work done, and see how things were since he was discharged on Friday.  First I got a message from the Nurse Practitioner, saying that his potassium was a little high, and she asked if the blood draw went OK.  Not even 30 minutes later, I get a phone call from the Nephrologist, and she said that she did not want him to go back to school tomorrow, because she wants him to be admitted back to the hospital today.  She doesn't like the fact that his potassium is up at 5.9, and she wants him to come in and have an EKG, and be monitored.  This  is crazy because he was just getting pumped with potassium a few days ago, now she is saying they are probably going to give him medicine to bring it down, and it will probably give him diarrhea, which, by the way, he has never actually gotten over from way back in January, so this should be very interesting.  I am going to really lose it on these people I think.  I don't ever want my baby to be in a dangerous situation, but I swear to God, they are forever pushing me to the limit.  Sometimes I feel like they are using my Angel as a Guinea pig.  Now I'm sitting here, waiting for the charge nurse to call me back to let me know when they have a bed available, which will probably be sometime later this evening, since it's already 6 at night now.  I am so annoyed.  My baby was so mad when I told him we had to go back to the hospital.  He is obviously gonna need another IV.  I am so tired of them poking him.  His poor little veins.  Lord grant me the strength.


I'd like to keep these in my phone to empower myself from time to time.:

No comments:

Post a Comment